Great game, art is amazing. Really used the Yume Nikki concept in a new and creative way. The mix between exploration and story is great. Few bugs with the speed but still enjoyable. Would really love a full release. This game needs more attention.
A downloadable game for Windows
Moonlit Lobby is a Yume Nikki fangame I did in one month for the 2017 Dream Diary Jam.
You play as a cat named Harley who's fleeing from the rain and maybe more. Tell stories to earn your stay for the night!
This version is a demo. There are 2 posters (doors) to explore, 3 roles (effects) to find, and 7 story fragments to collect. Roles change the way NPCs and items react to you, so use them to progress. If you max out a story's fragments, you have finished the story. I plan to add more in future updates. I hope you enjoy what the demo has to offer so far!
- old-timey black-and-white limited palette!
- humans-- Wait, humans? There are humans in this game?!
- don't worry about chasers. There aren't any... in the demo that is
- jumping and screen shaking is light but may cause motion sickness (like I got when playtesting with Harley's speed on max)
- made in RPG Maker 2003. All art in the game is done by me. Music is by Kevin MacLeod and some SFX are from FreeSound. There's a credits list in the game's READ ME file with song titles and SFX owners.
You need the RPG Maker 2003 RTP to play this game. Download it here! http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/dow...
Extract the ZIP file and run RPG_RT.exe in the unzipped game folder.